Special recipes for colds and treatment. There is no cure for cold. But the cold medicines say that they can claim you and give you a better feeling. Know what’s effective and what’s not. Cold treatments are almost as common as colds. But are they effective? Nothing can cure a cold. But some treatments may help you in reducing the symptoms. And save you from the feeling of misery. Here’s a look at some of the treatments for cold and what is known about cold. Cold treatments that are effective:If you’ve caught cold, it may take one to two weeks.
But that does not mean that you need to feel depressed.
Recipes for colds:
- Use enough fluids
- Have rest
- Relieve your sore throat
- Fight with runny nose
- Use Salt sprays
- Relieve pain
- Drink warm/hot liquids
- Add moisture to your home
In addition having enough rest, these solutions and recipes for colds may help you feel better:
- Use enough fluids: water, juices, smooth liquids or lukewarm water with lemon and honey. It can help reduce your throat cramps and prevent dehydration in your body. Avoid drinking alcohol, coffee and caffeine, which can worsen your body dehydration.
- Rest, your body needs healing.
- Relieve your sore throat. Gargling with salt water which is made of ¼ – ½ tea spoon salt in a glass with warm water, can relieve the pain and itch.
- Fight with runny nose. Drops and nasal salt sprays can help reducing runny nose and congestion.
- Salt sprays can be used in older children.
- Relieve pain: For children of 6 months or less, just give acetaminophen. Give children over 6 months of age, acetaminophen or ibuprofen.Ask your children’s doctor for the appropriate medicine according to their age and weight. Adults can take acetaminophen (Tylenol, …), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB) or aspirin.
- Note: be careful while giving aspirin to children or adolescents. Although aspirin is approved for use in children over the age of 3 years, children and adolescents who suffer from symptoms of flu virus, should never take aspirin. Because aspirin is connected with this Reyes syndrome, a dangerous situation which causes death in these children.
Other recipes for colds:
- Drink warm/hot liquids. One of the common cold treatments used in many cultures. Using warm liquids like chicken soup, hot tea or hot apple’s juice may be relaxing. Causes relief to cramping the throat with increasing mucus flow.
- Add moisture to your home. Moisturizer machine is used to add moisture to your house, which may reduce your throat cramping.Change the water daily and clean the machine in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Do not use direct steam, because if may cause burns. Try OTC Cold and Over-the-counter Cough Drugs.
For adults and children over 5 years of age, respiratory drugs, antihistamines and OTC sedative medications (which are bad recipes for colds of children) may have some side effects. However, they cannot stop the cold or shorten the duration of the disease and they often have side effects. Experts believe that these drugs should not be given to young children. Excessive use of these drugs can cause serious harm.
Recipes for colds that are not effective
Some common things that are not useful are:
Antibiotics: They attack bacteria, but do not help against cold virus. And do not ask your doctor to give you antibiotics for cold, or old antibiotics that are in their possession.
You do not get your soon recovery by antibiotic use. But you will have a more serious problem, and you actually help growing bacteria. Also cold and over-the-counter coughs may cause serious, even life-threatening side effects in children. The FDA warns against using them in children under the age of 6 years.